Covid-19 Carbon Emission Reduction.
An unexpected benefit to the Covid-19 quarantine has been the reduction of carbon emissions. According to Time.com levels of carbon emissions are projected to be 7% lower in 2020 than in 2019. This is largely due to the reduced amount of road and air traffic. While this is a great start, we need to continue to do our best to continue reducing emissions. If we can all pitch in and commit to using less energy, then we can continue to lower emissions and help our planet recover. Even after we all get back to work and normal life. Here are a few things you can do to help lower your carbon footprint even after the Covid-19 threat is over.
- Carpool to work or use rideshare programs. This limits the number of cars on the road which greatly reduces carbon emissions. This also helps to make traffic a little lighter.
- Plan errands so that you are driving less. Instead of ping-ponging all over town, map out the most efficient path for you to take so you are driving less.
- Ride a bike to work or the store if possible. Not only does this reduce carbon emissions but it is also great exercise!
- Reduce the number of single-use plastics you use. Single-use plastics can be very convenient, but they are terrible for the environment. It is hard to avoid them completely so make sure you are recycling them when you do need to use them.
- Consider using green energy such as solar.
- Conserve water by showering for less time. You could consider turning the shower off as you soap up!
Synergy Companies is committed to reducing energy consumption in Southern California and would love to see how we can help you!